- Full Time/Permanent
- 40 Hours per week
- On-site parking
- Competitive Salary
With over 30 years’ experience in this industry, ARP Ltd has grown to become one of the largest providers of Aluminium Roofline Products in the UK. We believe that our reputation for customer service is the key to why ARP Ltd is so successful in acquiring and maintaining its large customer base and because of this the company takes great pride in recruiting the right personnel which is crucial for the business.
We were founded in 1987, employ 70 employees and have a forecasted 30% growth within the next 3 years. We have achieved consistent year on year growth to become one of the UK’s most successful roofline product suppliers to date.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CAD Design Engineer to join one of the market leaders in the manufacture and supply of Aluminium and Cast-Iron rainwater and roofline products based in Leicester.
Our experience as well as our considerable investment in operating plant plus Just-in-Time (JIT) manufacturing process, ensures that we are positioned in the right place technically to maximise our value offering of 2D/3D Computer-aided design (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM) capability.
The CAD Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of small to large projects by producing 2D layout/section drawings for customer approval.
- Creating a manufacturing pack consisting of drawings, flat patterns and nests for our CNC punch using Radan CAD/CAM software.
- Producing manufacturing drawings and liaising with colleagues on the shop floor to ensure components are value engineered for a cost-effective solution.
- Thinking ‘outside of the box’ to solve engineering and manufacturing issues which can arise and having the ability to act and react quickly in all situations.
- Taking effective instructions from both suppliers and clients in order to deliver the project within the set timeframes.
- Site visits with Client and/or representatives to provide technical support to create the drawings, extract the relevant information, generate the manufacturing pack for production and ensuring agreed times lines are satisfied and met.