Date Posted: Tuesday 7 May 2019
Conquip Engineering Group are a fast growing company who design and manufacture products for the construction industry. Conquip provide a large range of standard products as well as a design and consultancy service.
Conquip Engineering Group are looking for a Design Engineer with a great attitude and a passion to learn and develop their skills. We are looking for a reliable person who has dedication to the company core values: Earn Trust, Take ownership of outcomes, Execution matters, Be a winner & win as a team, Relentlessly positive.
Roles and Responsibilities
• 2D and 3D modelling of a very wide range of products
• To design a concept based on the customers’ specification
• Prepare dimensional drawings, assembly instructions and complex drawings of projects
• Develop catalogue products improving functionality while keeping costs low.
• Innovate new products that will aid the construction industry with their on-site tasks.
• Assemble the necessary files to create a product from start to finish
• Analysis and testing of products, carrying out load tests and function tests to ensure the sold product is a quality product.
• Work with minimal supervision, and work on multiple jobs at once.
• Check other designers work as part of the design process.
• Work on new product development projects, designing new products for the construction industry
• Work with fabricators to develop products to be quicker to manufacture as well as more cost effective.
• Taking ownership of larger projects ensuring deadlines are met and budgets are kept.
• Helping the Engineering Team Manager with managerial tasks
Your Experience / Skills
• 2D and 3D CAD experience (SOLIDWORKS preferred but other CAD packages may be considered)
• Engineering Degree with a minimum 2 years industry experience.
• Experience with a Senior role or Team Leader role.
Nice to have
• Sheet Metal Experience
• Experience in the construction industry (crane attachments, forklift attachments etc)
• Hydraulic Knowledge
• FEA experience
• Knowledge of British Standards and designing products to meet these standards.