Date Posted: Wednesday 10 April 2019
Purpose and scope of the role:
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. You will be designing products, supporting their manufacture, and helping to ensure customer needs are met. The design work may include 3D design of custom components, pipe work design, small structures, thermal systems, and mechanical component sizing and selection such as pumps, fans, heat exchangers and other. We like designers who also think about manufacturing, efficiency, and longevity.
This position could include travel to our field plant locations to support construction and commissioning, giving you the opportunity to see how your designs are being used by customers.
The primary location will be Newbury (UK) with remote working considered for the right candidate, with moderate travel to customer, pilot and commercial sites in UK and abroad.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Covering all aspects of mechanical scope (columns, equipment, instrumentation and packages), including preparation of design specifications, managing development of RFQ packages and written specifications, review of quotations, review of vendor drawings, preparation of design schemes, layouts for mechanical, structural and piping systems on skid-mounted integrated systems, site surveys and estimates;
• Authoring and ownership of all detailed P&ID schematics, general arrangement (GA), manufacturing/fabrication drawings and BOMs to standards;
• Projects include Concept, FEED and EPC phases together with consultancy and proposal support
• Ensure that all mechanical engineering works are undertaken in accordance with the conditions and requirements of the Contract;
• Technical writing of system documentation such as IO&M;
• Assists the Technical Lead in the development of HMB’s, PFD’s, operational SOP’s;
• Identifies prospective vendors to provide design/build solutions to specific plant unit operations as required;
• Assists Field Engineering group and I&C Engineer conducting vendor FAT’s;
• Provide site supervision and support of local contractors during installation of LATW systems.
Your Experience / Skills
The candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
• Min. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
• Prior experience with the design and execution of water treatment projects, industrial equipment
and/or thermal related equipment.
• Use of weldment and pipe routing. Fluid piping design, related components and materials of
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to execute projects from sales hand-off to field service
• Experience with FEED: Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, instrumentation and control.
• Experience of CAD software including SOLIDWORKS, … and willing to expand their design
• Experience of Thermodynamic calculations and energy and exergy analysis.
• Ability to effectively work individually and in a team with minimal supervision.
• Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated who will thrive in a start-up environment.
• Expertise in Microsoft suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Performs well under pressure
• Highly organized and pays attention to details
• Able to work autonomously as well as in a team and with different cultures
• Always ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required