Date Posted: Wednesday 3 April 2019
Massey and Harris have been manufacturing play equipment in the UK since the 1930s and for 25 years under our current ownership. We design and manufacture in-house supplying a broad spectrum of clients including landscape architects, play companies and Councils. You will find our products in public parks, offices, private houses and destination locations all around the world.
Our vision is to provide high quality innovative design, production, installation and maintenance of playground solutions that will provide the creative stimulus for active play across all age ranges and environments
Massey and Harris are looking for a creative Designer with technical ability & good working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS to join our team and contribute high quality, innovative design.
We need a versatile candidate who can work on their own initiative and develop in this role.
As a key member of our small team we expect you to contribute to the Company’s reputation and growth and adopt and improve process and best practice.
We expect you to be professional and approachable and able to adapt in a fast moving environment with a wide range of audiences.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Project management: work with the support of the team to ensure an efficient workflow from concept generation through to manufacture.
• Employ strong modelling skills (SOLIDWORKS) including sheet metal, weldments and production of technical drawings for manufacture and renders for presentations (Adobe 2D layout).
• Develop bespoke product
• Produce designs that can be manufactured efficiently and cost effectively
• Communicate and work with a wide range of audiences from the Company Director to the Workshop.
• Work to Company design protocols.
• Ensure efficient and timely completion of projects anticipating issues and proactively working to resolve
• Liaise with customers and suppliers on a daily basis both in person and by telephone / email
• Drive improvement / best practice.
Your Experience / Skills
Essential experience: SOLIDWORKS educated; aptitude and ability to learn; professional design experience
Essential skills & knowledge: SOLIDWORKS; strong modelling skills; technical understanding; adobe Creative Suite; good numeracy / literacy skills and interpersonal skills; good communications skills both written and oral and to a wide range of audiences
Desirable Experience: Professional SOLIDWORKS experience; experience of manufacturing processes for steel and wood; over 2 years professional design experience
Desirable skills & knowledge: SOLIDWORKS certification.
Personal qualities: Detail orientated; creative / original thinking; proactive and able to identify opportunities for improvement; honesty, reliability, integrity and commitment with a desire to contribute to the growth of the business; organised with ability to meet deadlines; a friendly and welcoming manner, both in person and on the phone; ability to maintain a calm and professional manner when faced with challenging situations